Become a Member
Become a Member
Alberta Dahlia and Gladiolus Society membership:
- Individual $20 per year
- Family $25 per year
Currently we accept payment by cheque or E-transfer. Please use one of the following methods to apply for and purchase a membership for yourself or for your family: If paying by cheque, please download the the Membership Application and send by mail. If paying by e-transfer, please fill out the online form(s) below to submit.
Membership in the American Dahlia Society (ADS) may be purchased through this application form or on the ADS website and they accept payment by paypal.
ADS offers a magazine three times a year either digitally or in print and mailed. Single memberships with the digital magazine is $30 (family is $35). Single with the printed magazine is $40 (family is $45). All are US funds.
You may also like to consider membership in the North American Gladiolus Council. The NAGC membership is US $25 per year.
Further information regarding all three organizations is outlined below.
Alberta Dahlia & Gladiolus Society Membership
American Dahlia Society Membership
If downloading and mailing the printed application form, please make cheque payable to Alberta Dahlia and Gladiolus Society
and mail to Mike Walliser, 52 Pallo Close, Red Deer, Alberta T4P 1J3
E-Transfers will go to our Membership Chair: Mike Walliser: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Use the password “Dahlias”.
Alberta Dahlia and Glad Society MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Attend free workshops with experienced growers to learn how to propagate, grow, prune, fertilize, show, and store both dahlias and glads.
- Likelihood that you will learn some gardening tricks of the trade (e.g. Sea Soil to enhance the soil; Ammonia to kill slug, etc.).
- Option to purchase products that have been ordered in bulk or grown by other members (e.g. sea soil, oases, vases, tubers, corms).
- Opportunity to visit various gardens around Alberta.
- Enjoyment of gardening with others at the Piper Creek Trial Gardens.
- Prospect of developing and creating a new variety of dahlia that may be marketed throughout North America.
- Option for contact with other gardening associations and accessing their brochures and bulletins (American Dahlia Society, NAGC).
- Likelihood of being informed of and attending International Flower Shows increases.
- Access to the ADGS website with the potential of contributing articles and information.
- Opportunity to both learn about showing flowers and to participate in organizing and taking part in a flower show.
- Chance to take free judging courses to become a recognized judge with the American Dahlia Society.
American Dahlia Society
- Access to ‘Members Only’ information
- Single memberships receive one Classification and Handbook of Dahlias, plus quarterly Bulletins.
- Membership to the ADS can be obtained online through the ADS website OR purchased along with your membership in the ADGS here.
- The ADS website is fantastic – worthwhile just for the ‘Classification Site’ alone. You can search dahlias by form, size, or colour, and the site usually has a photo of the dahlia you are looking for!
North American Gladiolus Council (NAGC)
If interested in membership, please make a cheque payable to the North American Gladiolus Council and mail to:
NAGC Membership Secretary
302 Sandpiper Ct,
Delano, MN 55328-9783
Please provide the following information with your cheque: Name(s); Address; Phone number; and E-mail address.
Visit www.gladworld.org to learn more.